On Friday, Trevor, Jon, Chance and I went up to Bear River Refuge to go Swan hunting. Both Trevor and I have permits. We got up there around 1pm and there were tons of ducks flying around. So Trevor and Chance set up the all decoys. Then it was time to sit and wait. The swans usually don't fly until 4pm so we shot at ducks that flew by which was tons of fun. We only shot one duck which was a pretty green head mallard. The group next to us shot a mallard hen and it landed over by us. So Chance and I went to go find her so we put her with her boyfriend. So technically we got 2 ducks. The swans started flying but they were all too high for us to shoot at. There were tons. Its the coolest thing to see all these swans flying around and making the sound they do. Just that is worth the trip. Unfortunately we didn't get a swan but there's always next time. We still have a couple more weeks before the hunt ends. For once I'm wishing for cold weather. It's better hunting when its cold.

Deeg loves holding the ducks.

Then Gus figured out what we had so he was jumping up and down in his pen. So we had to take his picture too. He's like one of the kids.
1 comment:
Deegen is so cute holding those ducks!!!
Post a Comment